Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists have high-level skills in the treatment of musculoskeletal (muscle and joint) conditions. Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy employs advanced clinical assessment and diagnosis methods. Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists train in high-level assessment and treatment techniques.
Fellows of the College of Physiotherapists (FACP) are Specialist Physiotherapists who have undertaken extensive further education, training and assessment. Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists Australia (MPA) Members have additional skills in diagnosing, treating, and preventing muscle and joint problems, especially spinal conditions that commonly cause lower back pain and neck pain.
How Can Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Help You?
Your Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist can:
- Relieve or reduce your pain.
- Provide you with strategies to best manage your injury or condition.
- Help you to recover quicker and hasten your return to your normal activities.
- Improve your flexibility, muscle strength, quality of movement, proprioception and coordination.
- Assist you in achieving exercise or functional goals.
- Improve your fitness.
- Help you to prevent future injury recurrences.
- Prescribe exercises to do at home, work in the gym to enhance your recovery.