Deep Tissue Massage
What Is Deep Tissue Massage?
Deep tissue massage is a type of massage aimed at the deeper tissue structures of the muscle and fascia, also called connective tissue.
Deep tissue massage uses many of the same movements and techniques as lighter styles, e.g. Swedish massage, but the pressure will generally be more intense. It is also a more focused type of massage, as the therapist works to release chronic muscle tension or knots. Deep tissue massage is excellent for chronic tightness, scar formation, repetitive strain or regular high-intensity exercises.
A quality deep-tissue massage helps to:
- loosen muscle tissues,
- release toxins from muscles, and
- get blood and oxygen circulating properly.
Will A Deep Tissue Massage Hurt?
It shouldn’t hurt, but it’s likely to be a bit more uncomfortable than a lighter style Swedish massage, especially if you have some large chronic knots.
How Fast Will I Get Results With A Deep Tissue Massage?
Most people report unbelievable relief immediately after their very first deep tissue style massage. It is normal to feel mildly bruised in the 1-3 days following a deep tissue massage due to the lactic acid being flushed out of the congested tissues.
I suppose it’s a bit like the soreness you can experience when you first start back into exercise and slightly overdo it. After that, things will typically only get better…and you’ll feel much looser, rejuvenated and energetic.
What Can Help to Reduce Soreness?
It’s always hard to gauge just how firm your first deep tissue massage should be, so keep your massage therapist informed if you feel it is too much or too little.
It’s crucial to drink a lot of water after a deep tissue massage to help flush lactic acid out of the tissues. If you don’t, you’re more likely to be sore the next day.
How Deep Should Your Massage Be?
It’s essential to be realistic about what one deep tissue massage can achieve. Many people ask for more pressure, thinking that if the therapist just pushes hard enough, they can get rid of all their knots in an hour. In reality, it just won’t happen. Undoing chronic knots and tension built up over a lifetime is best achieved with an integrated program that includes exercise, work on your posture and ways of moving, relaxation techniques and a regular schedule of massage to retain your muscle tension habits.
How Can You Guarantee Yourself a Fantastic Massage?
At PhysioWorks, we guarantee that you’ll have a fantastic massage, or it’s free! If you are not completely satisfied within the first 30 minutes of your massage, we’ll give you your money back there and then. No questions asked!
For more information about the best massage, please ask one of our PhysioWorks team.
Brisbane Massage Therapists
The massage therapists who consult to PhysioWorks operate independently-owned businesses. Here are some of our massage therapist details.
Your Ultimate Guide to Massage Therapy and Muscle Injury Recovery
If you're curious about the world of massage therapy and its benefits, look no further. This article will serve as your go-to resource as we explore the various conditions that massage therapy can treat and delve into its numerous benefits.
Let's discover the best massage techniques and learn about the difference between remedial and relaxation massage. We will uncover the wonders of trigger point therapy and acupressure in aiding muscle injury recovery.
Additionally, we'll discuss how you can purchase massage gift vouchers for your loved ones. But that's not all—this article will also address common muscle injury FAQs, including diagnostic methods and the different types of muscle injuries. We'll dive into the best treatments for muscle injuries, including dry needling, strengthening and stretching exercises.
Whether you seek relaxation or are dealing with a muscle injury, this guide has all the answers to help you embark on your massage therapy journey.
- What Conditions Can Massage Therapy Help?
- What are the Benefits of Getting a Massage?
- What Are The Best Massage Techniques?
- PhysioWorks Massage - Money Back Guarantee!
- What Are The Common Massage Styles?
- What Is The Difference Between Remedial & Relaxation Massage?
- How Does Trigger Point Therapy Help?
- How Does Acupressure Help Muscle Injury?
- What is Sports Massage?
- When is the Best Time to Get a Pre-Event Massage?
- When is the Best Time for Your Post-Event Massage?
Massage Gift Vouchers
Common Muscle Injury FAQs
- How Do You Know If It's A Muscle Injury?
- What are the 4 Types of Muscle Injuries?
- What are the Most Common Muscle Injuries?
- What is a Trigger Point In A Muscle?
- What Causes Post-Exercise Muscular Pain?
- How Do You Know If Your Back Pain Is Muscular?
- Tendinopathy vs Muscle Tear?
- Muscle vs Ligament Injury?
Treatment & Recovery
- What is the Best Early Muscle Injury Treatment?
- How Long Does It Take For A Muscle Injury To Heal?
- What Helps Muscle Strains Heal Faster?
- How Does Dry Needling Help Muscle Injury?
- How Can You Speed Up Muscle Recovery?
- What's the Benefit of Stretching Exercises?
- How Do Foam Rollers Help Muscle Recovery?