Resistance Band Exercises
Are You Looking For Variety In Your Exercise Program?
Resistance Band Exercises are your answer. Resistance bands exercises are versatile, easy to do anywhere, effective and most importantly, FUN! Resistance Bands have been used for almost 25 years in rehabilitation and exercise therapy.
The trick to successfully using your Resistance band is knowing exactly what to do. Please ask your physiotherapist for advice.
How Can Resistance Band Exercises Help You?
The Resistance Band is a versatile piece of equipment available to help with any injury rehabilitation and strengthening program. Resistance Bands are available in different colours and resistance grades. You can use the resistance band no matter what your age or your level of fitness.
Especially, your resistance band will help to:
- Improve your muscular endurance and strength
- Attain better posture, balance, body awareness and co-ordination
- Improve your balance and flexibility
- Enjoy a low impact aerobic workout.
How much force or loading do Resistance Bands produce?Page et al. (2000) analysed the Thera-Band® brand of elastic resistance bands and discovered the following:
- The resistance band output depends on how much the band or tubing stretched, or "per cent elongation".
- The "per cent elongation" that the elastic stretches relate to increases length from its resting length.