Supportive Taping & Strapping
Strapping tape and Supportive taping is commonly used by physiotherapists to:
- relieve your pain
- improve joint stability
- enhance athlete confidence
- reduce injury recurrence
- prevent injury.
Rigid strapping tape commonly used in taping or strapping is often referred to as “sports tape” or “athletic tape” and is most often a rigid style of strapping tape.
Elastic strapping tape can also be used when less rigidity or support is required.
Kinesiology tape is an improved version of elastic sports tape that acts to dynamically assist your muscle function.
Aims of Strapping Tape
After your assessment, your physiotherapist will design your optimal taping to best meet your current needs, These can include:
- stabilise or support the injury
- pain-relief via a de-loading of the vulnerable or painful structures
- or to facilitate normal movement, muscles or postural patterns.
Please consult your physiotherapist for the best strapping for your injury needs.They are experts in ankle strapping, knee strapping, shoulder strapping, wrist strapping, hamstring strapping and more.
Where PhysioWorks is not your club’s official team or club physiotherapist or clinics offer an economical strapping service at their clinics to help support athletes and local club players and their pre-training or pre-game strapping needs. Simply contact your nearest PhysioWorks clinic regarding their availability to strap for you.
Strapping Tape & Related Taping Products
If you already know how to tape or strap, you can purchase sports tape, kinesiology tape and other related products via the following link:
Related Treatment Options
- Early Injury Treatment
- Acupuncture and Dry Needling
- Gait Analysis
- Biomechanical Analysis
- Proprioception & Balance Exercises
- Real Time Ultrasound Physiotherapy
- Soft Tissue Massage
- Dry Needling
- Electrotherapy & Local Modalities
- Heat Packs
- Joint Mobilisation Techniques
- Kinesiology Tape
- Physiotherapy Instrument Mobilisation (PIM)
- Running Analysis
- Stretching Exercises
- Supportive Taping & Strapping
- TENS Machine
- Video Analysis