Exercise Ball Inflation Tips
- You can use any air pump to inflate your exercise ball. Air mattress pumps, vacuum cleaners in reverse and air compressors are the most effective. Hand-held pumps may be used but are less effective.
- Do not overinflate your ball if it is below 20 degrees Celsius. Warm to room temperature (20 degrees or more) before inflating.
- You determine the correct exercise ball size by diameter rather than pressure. Do not inflate the ball beyond the recommended size.
- Inflate the ball to about 80% of diameter initially. Wait a further 24 hours before inflating to the recommended size. You should avoid using the ball within the first 24 hours.
- To gauge the correct size, place two boxes on the floor precisely the right distance apart using a tape measure. To test, roll your exercise ball between the boxes. When each end of the ball touches both boxes, you have the correct size.