Exercise Ball Inflation Tips
- You can use any air pump to inflate your exercise ball. Air mattress pumps, vacuum cleaners in reverse and air compressors are the most effective. Hand-held pumps may be used but are less effective.
- Do not overinflate your ball if it is below 20 degrees Celsius. Warm to room temperature (20 degrees or more) before inflating.
- You determine the correct exercise ball size by diameter rather than pressure. Do not inflate the ball beyond the recommended size.
- Inflate the ball to about 80% of diameter initially. Wait a further 24 hours before inflating to the recommended size. You should avoid using the ball within the first 24 hours.
- Place two boxes precisely the desired distance apart using a tape measure on the floor to gauge the correct size. To test, roll your exercise ball between the boxes. When each end of the ball touches both boxes, you have the correct size.