Therapies: * Physiotherapy,* Sports Physio,* Musculoskeletal Physio,* Spinal Physio,* Acupuncture,* Dry Needling,* Vestibular Physio,* Jaw Physio,* Occupational Physio
Practice Principal Physiotherapist
John Miller is a clinical physiotherapist with almost 30 years experience in sports injury and musculoskeletal management.
John graduated as a physiotherapist from the University of Queensland in 1988. He has worked locally and abroad gaining hospital and private practice experience. During his time in the UK, he was a Senior Physiotherapist at The Royal London Hospital Musculoskeletal and Sports Injury Unit.
He has recently been appointed as a Physiotherapist for the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Book Your Appointment
Phone: 3269 1122
Phone: 3366 4221
Phone: 3862 4544
Who is John Miller?
John's sporting interests are wide and varied. He is a former Queensland gymnastics champion and continues to stay fit via cycling, running, touch football, tennis and golf. John is a former Clinical Educator for the University of Queensland and presents injury education programs to schools, sports clubs, the media, community and medical groups.
John has been the Club Physiotherapist to the Sandgate-Redcliffe Cricket Club for 20 years. He has been Head Physiotherapist for North Star Football Club during their premiership years plus a few other football clubs. He has toured as club physiotherapist for other sporting teams such touch football and provided injury support for marathons, triathlons, cricket, rugby, football, basketball and more sports. John continues his interest in sports coverage with junior and adults sporting groups. He continues to work with numerous sporting clubs and representative teams.
John's Special Interests
- Lower Limb Biomechanical Pain: Knee,
- Shoulder Pain: Rotator Cuff,
Frozen Shoulder (resolving), AC Joint Injury, Scapular Dyskinesia
- Neck Pain & Neck Headache
- TMJ Dysfunction (Jaw Pain & Clicking)
- Vertigo: BPPV,
- Sacroiliac Joint - SIJ Dysfunction / Lumbopelvic Instability
Sports Injury Interests
- Running injuries: Running technique analysis
- Cycling injuries - including optimising bike fit
- Football injury management: rugby,
rugby league, football and AFL
- Cricket Injuries: incl Fast Bowler Stress Fracture Rehabilitation
- Gymnastics injuries
- Hockey injuries
- Golf swing analysis
- Snow Skiing: Get Fit to Ski
- Post Arthroscopy: Knee, Shoulder, Ankle, Hip
- Shoulder: Rotator Cuff Repair, Shoulder Stabilisation
- Knee: ACL reconstruction
- Spinal Surgery
- Total Hip Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
John commonly utilises and is trained in the following:
- Active Foot Posture Correction Protocol
- Acupuncture (Musculoskeletal)
- BPPV - Vertigo & Dizziness
- Neck Headache
- Core Stability Retraining: Lumbopelvic, Neck, Hip, Shoulder
- Dry Needling
- Exercise-based Rehabilitation
- Falls Prevention & Balance Improvement Programs
- Janda Muscle Imbalance
- Kaltenborn Nordic Methodology
- Kinesiology Taping
- Maitland Joint Mobilisation
- McKenzie Discogenic Approach
- Mulligan MWM & PF Methodology
- Osteopathic Minimal Energy Techniques (METs)
- PIM (Physiotherapy Instrument Mobilisation)
- Post-Operative Shoulder & Knee Rehabilitation
- Real-Time Ultrasound Retraining - RTUS
- TMJ Dysfunction (Jaw)
John Miller is a Registered Physiotherapy Provider with:
- All Private Health Insurance Funds including BUPA, Medibank Private, HCF
- For a full list of Hicaps instant claim funds see here: http://www.hicaps.com.au/providers/participating-partners
- HCF More for Muscles Program
- Australia Post; Coles Myer; Woolworths
- Department of Veterans' Affairs
- CTP & Sports Insurers
As a registered physiotherapist, private health insurance rebates apply.
John has been interviewed or presented articles on numerous occasions for television and print media.
View John on a Channel 9 Benefits of Standing Desks feature.
Book Your Appointment
Receive Special Offers and the Latest Injury Information
Enter Details Below to Signup: