How Can You Prevent a Future Leg Injury?
7 Ways to Prevent a Future Leg Injury?
You can reduce the chance of leg injury.
Following these seven simple tips:
- Warm up before you exercise.
- Warm down when you finish. This includes some simple stretching exercises and plyometric drills.
- Wear well-fitting shoes, boots or braces that give good joint support.
- Tape or brace your ankles/knees in high risk sports such as football, basketball, volleyball and netball.
- Avoid activities on slippery, wet or uneven surfaces, or in areas with poor lighting.
- Strengthen your leg muscles and regularly use a wobble disc or balance board
- Maintain good general fitness.
If you'd like more specific advice, please ask your physiotherapist.
Leg Pain Conditions
Leg Pain Treatments
Leg Pain FAQs
Share this page
Receive Special Offers and the Latest Injury Information
Enter Details Below to Signup: