Hip or Buttock Pain?
Hip or buttock pain commonly needlessly affects many people in day-to-day life. Whether it be a sharp or dull pain, muscle weakness or an inability to safely walk, squat, or climb stairs, a painful hip or buttock can be very frustrating.
There are numerous causes of hip and buttock pain. Luckily, most sources of hip and buttock pain are only mild. It’s usually a simple muscle or joint control problem, and there is a positive non-operative exercise-based solution in most cases.
What About Serious Hip and Buttock Conditions?
Fortunately, most hip and buttock pain is not severe. Once we exclude nasties, you can quickly relieve your hip or butt pain and return to a comfortable and fun life!
Some sources of hip pain can be serious. It is crucial to make an accurate diagnosis of the cause of your hip or buttock pain so that your physiotherapist or doctor can direct appropriate treatment to the reason.
Please consult your physiotherapist or doctor for the most accurate diagnosis and best treatment for your hip or buttock pain.
Hip, Groin & Buttock Conditions
Lateral Hip & Buttock Pain
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Trochanteric Bursitis
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain – SIJ
Hip Joint Pain
- Hip Arthritis – Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Labral Tear
- Hip Pointer
- Femoroacetabular Impingement – FAI
- Perthes Disease
- Slipped Femoral Capital Epiphysis
- Stress Fracture
- Avascular Necrosis of the Femoral Head
Adductor-Related Groin Pain
Pubic-Related Groin Pain
Iliopsoas-Related Groin Pain
Other Muscle-Related Pain
- Muscle Pain –Muscle Strain
- Poor Hip Core
- DOMS –Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness
- Core Stability Deficiency
Hip & Buttock FAQs
Hip Pain FAQs
- How Do You Know If Your Hip Pain Is Serious?
- Why Does My Hip Click?
- Is There A Test For Arthritis In The Hip?
- What Is Hip Impingement?
- What Is The Best Treatment For Hip Pain?
- Why Are Your Hip Core Muscles Important?
Lateral Hip Pain FAQs
- How Do You Fix Gluteal Tendinopathy?
- What Causes Hip Bursitis To Flare Up?
- Is GTPS The Same As Hip Bursitis?
Buttock Pain FAQs
- What Does SIJ Pain Feel Like?
- Where Do You Feel Sciatica?
- What Causes Sciatica To Flare Up?
- How Do You Treat Sciatica?