What are the Benefits of Good Posture?John Miller
What are the Benefits of Good Posture?
- Keeps your bones and joints in the correct alignment.
- Helps to decrease the abnormal wearing of joint surfaces.
- Decreases the stress on the ligaments holding the joints of the spine together.
- Prevents the spine from becoming fixed in abnormal positions.
- Prevents muscle fatigue.
- Prevents any backache and muscular pain.
- Contributes to a competent and confident appearance.
To Achieve Good Posture You Will Require the Following:
- Good muscle flexibility
- Normal motion in the joints
- Strong postural muscles
- A balance of muscles on both sides of the spine
- Awareness of your posture, plus knowledge of proper postural position, which leads to conscious correction.
Practise the correct posture for standing, sitting, and lying down (as described below) to gradually replace your old position.