John Miller is an experienced clinical physiotherapist. He has worked for over 30-years in sports injury and musculoskeletal management.
John graduated as a physiotherapist from the University of Queensland in 1988. He has worked within Australia and overseas, gaining public and private hospital, plus private physiotherapy practice experience. During his time in the UK, John was a Senior Physiotherapist at The Royal London Hospital Musculoskeletal and Sports Injury Unit. For the majority of the past three decades, he has worked predominately in private practice and developed some niche special interests.
John has been a Commonwealth Games Physiotherapist supporting sportsmen and women competing in track and field, beach volleyball, cycling, hockey, triathlon, para-triathlon, marathon, and para-marathon programs.
One of John’s strengths is his interest and passion for providing clinical solutions for challenging conditions.
John will only be consulting from our Sandgate Clinic during Covid-19.
In addition to general musculoskeletal physiotherapy, John’s special interests include:
Neck & Upper Back
Vertigo / Dizziness
- TMJ Dysfunction (clicking, locked jaw)
- Jaw Headache
- Post-operative Care
- Post-wisdom teeth extraction
Low Back Pain
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain –SIJ
- Lumbar Stress Fractures / Spondylolysis
- Post-Spinal Surgery Rehabilitation
- Post-Operative Care
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome / Chondromalacia Patella
- Patella Dislocation
Ankle / Foot
- Sprained Ankle
- Plantar Fasciitis / Heel Spurs
- Post-Ankle Fracture / Ligament Reconstruction
- Cuboid Syndrome
- Post-op Rehabilitation
- Post-Rotator Cuff Repair incl Biceps Tenodesis
- Rotator Cuff Tears / Calcific Tendonitis
- Frozen Shoulder
Sports Injury Care
In addition to being a Commonwealth Games Physiotherapist, John has been the Club Physiotherapist to the Sandgate-Redcliffe Cricket Club for over 20 years. He was also the head physiotherapist for North Star Football Club during their premiership years. He has toured as a physiotherapist for other sporting teams and provided injury support for marathons, triathlons, cricket, rugby, football, basketball, ice skating, gymnastics plus more.
John’s sporting interests are wide and varied. He continues to stay fit via cycling, running, touch football, tennis, and golf. During his youth he was a Queensland gymnastics representative, so he understands persistence in training leads to perfection in performance. This attribute has transcended to his professional career.
John regularly presents injury education programs to doctors and allied health practitioners, schools, sports clubs, and the community. You may have even spotted John’s face in the mainstream media. John has featured in many media presentations upon health-related conditions, including TV news and feature segments. He is a clinical educator for the University of Queensland and Australian Catholic University.
John’s Sporting Injury Interests
John Miller is a Registered Physiotherapy Provider with:
- Physiotherapy Board of Australia
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- All Private Health Insurance Funds including BUPA, Medibank Private, HCF
- For a full list of Hicaps instant claim funds see here: http://www.hicaps.com.au/providers/participating-partners
- HCF More for Muscles Program
- Australia Post; Coles Myer; Woolworths
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- CTP & Sports Insurers
As a registered physiotherapist, private health insurance rebates apply.
As a result of his training and experience, John is skilled in the following techniques:
- Maitland Joint Mobilisation
- Mulligan MWM & PF Methodology
- Osteopathic Minimal Energy Techniques (METs)
- PIM (Physiotherapy Instrument Mobilisation)
- Kaltenborn Nordic Methodology
- Active Foot Posture Correction Protocol
- Core Stability Retraining: Lumbopelvic, Neck, Hip, Shoulder
- Real-Time Ultrasound Retraining – RTUS
- Falls Prevention & Balance Improvement Programs
- McKenzie Discogenic Approach
- Janda Muscle Imbalance
- Shoulder Surgery Rehabilitation
- Knee Surgery Rehabilitation
- Ankle Surgery Rehabilitation
- Hip Surgery Rehabilitation
- Spine Surgery Rehabilitation
Acupuncture & Dry Needling
TMJ (Jaw) Rehabilitation
- TMJ Dysfunction
- Post-Wisdom Teeth Extraction