What are the Benefits of Good Posture?
- Keeps bones and joints in the correct alignment so that muscles are being used properly.
- Helps decrease the abnormal wearing of joint surfaces.
- Decreases the stress on the ligaments holding the joints of the spine together.
- Prevents the spine from becoming fixed in abnormal positions.
- Prevents fatigue because muscles are being used more efficiently, allowing the body to use less energy.
- Prevents backache and muscular pain.
- Contributes to a good appearance.
To Achieve Good Posture You Will Require the Following:
- Good muscle flexibility
- Normal motion in the joints
- Strong postural muscles
- A balance of muscles on both sides of the spine
- Awareness of your own posture, plus awareness of proper posture which leads to conscious correction.
With practise, the correct posture for standing, sitting, and lying down (as described below) will gradually replace your old posture.
Share this page
Receive Special Offers and the Latest Injury Information
Enter Details Below to Signup: