What is Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy?
Article by Zoe Russell
Who is a Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist?
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists have expertise in the treatment of musculoskeletal (muscle and joint) conditions. Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy employs advanced clinical assessment and diagnosis methods. Musculoskeletal physiotherapists and have been trained in a broader range of treatment techniques and normally hold a Masters of Physiotherapy qualification.
Members of the Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists Australia (MPA) are world-leaders in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of muscle and joint problems, especially spinal conditions that commonly cause lower back pain and neck pain.
How Can Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Help You?
Your Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist can:
- Totally relieve or reduce your pain.
- Provide you with strategies to best manage your injury or condition.
- Help you to recover quicker and hasten your return to your normal activities.
- Improve your flexibility, muscle strength, quality of movement, proprioception and co-ordination.
- Assist you to achieve exercise or functional goals.
- Improve your fitness.
- Help you to prevent future injury recurrences.
- Prescribe exercises to do at home, work in the gym to enhance your recovery.
Book Your Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Consultation
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy - Related Topics
Share this page
Receive Special Offers and the Latest Injury Information
Enter Details Below to Signup: