- Additional information
What is an Incentive Spirometer?
The Incentive Spirometer is ideal for developing, improving, and maintaining your respiratory fitness.
The Incentive is a Deep Breathing Exerciser that has been scientifically constructed as a means of encouraging you to take a slow, Sustained Maximal Inspiration (SMI).
A Sustained Maximal Inspiration is vitally important to your general well-being. Deep breaths expand the small air sacs of your lungs and help clear the air passages of mucus. This, in turn, can help prevent the build-up of fluid in your lungs.
Normally, you take many deep breaths each hour – usually without being aware of it. They are spontaneous and automatic and occur in the form of sighs and yawns.
In certain instances, such as illness, your normal breathing pattern can change. The Incentive Spirometer is designed to help you perform normal deep breathing exercises. In turn, the spirometer will help you to prevent the possibility of respiratory complications or to improve your breathing pattern if you have a respiratory condition,
For example, when you are experiencing pain following chest or abdominal surgery, your breathing tends to become shallow, and your deep breaths are suppressed to minimize pain. In these instances, you must strive to resume your normal breathing pattern. That’s where the incentive spirometer steps in to improve you quickly.
By carefully following your health practitioner’s instructions and the directions provided with your TriFlo II Incentive Spirometer, you should be well
on your way toward better breathing patterns.
Instructions for Using the Incentive Spirometer:
- With the Incentive Spirometer held in an upright position, exhale normally and place your lips tightly around the mouthpiece.
- To achieve a Slow Sustained Maximal Inspiration (SMI), inhale at a sufficient rate to raise only the ball in the first chamber while the ball in the second chamber remains at rest.
- For a higher flow rate, inhale at a rate sufficient to raise the first and second balls while the ball in the third chamber remains at rest.
- Exhale after performing the exercise, remove the mouthpiece from your lips and exhale normally.
- Relax following each prolonged deep breath, take a moment to rest, and breathe normally. Then, repeat the exercise as directed by your health practitioner.
- Wide inspiratory flow rate range from 800 – 1200cc/sec to suit the widest range of patients.
- Lightweight for ease of handling.
- Sturdy wide base for stability during storage or use.
- Minimum flow imprinted on each chamber.
- Compact design & break-resistant plastic.
- Removable inspiratory limb for cleaning convenience.
- Minimally resistant flow tubing for ease of use.
- Anatomically designed mouthpiece for ease of use and patient comfort.
- Convenient mouthpiece clip for ease of storage.
- Colourful presentation for ease of visualisation.
- Graduated 3 ball design to encourage patient compliance and participation.
|Dimensions||20 × 10 × 10 cm|