Hand pain and injury is common and can be successfully diagnosed and treated by your physiotherapist.
Your hand is a complicated group of joints (wrist, hand, thumb and fingers), plus all tendons, muscles and nerves. Understanding the hand is very important for the correct diagnosis and subsequent treatment.
For more specific advice about your hand pain or injury, please get in touch with your physiotherapist.
Hand Pain Treatment
With accurate assessment and early treatment, most hand injuries respond extremely quickly to physiotherapy allowing you to resume pain-free and normal activities of daily living quickly.
Please ask your physiotherapist for their professional treatment advice.
Common Wrist & Hand Pain or Injuries
- Broken Wrist
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- de Quervain's Tenosynovitis
- Finger Sprain
- Hand or Wrist Arthritis
- Muscle Strain
- Neck Arm Pain
- Overuse Injuries
- Pinched Nerve
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- RSI - Repetitive Strain Injury
- Thumb Sprain
Common Wrist & Hand Pain Treatments
- Early Injury Treatment
- Avoid the HARM Factors
- What to do after a Muscle Strain or Ligament Sprain?
- Acupuncture and Dry Needling
- Sub-Acute Soft Tissue Injury Treatment
- Soft Tissue Massage
- Wrist Brace or Support
- Electrotherapy & Local Modalities
- Heat Packs
- Joint Mobilisation Techniques
- Kinesiology Tape
- Physiotherapy Instrument Mobilisation (PIM)
- Strength Exercises
- Supportive Taping & Strapping
- TENS Machine