Sports & Ex. Physiotherapist
Sports & Exercise Physiotherapist
Adam Russell is a Titled APA Sports & Exercise Physiotherapist who has spent over a decade working in elite sports while being Head Physiotherapist at both the Gold Coast Titans & Gold Coast Suns. He has also spent time with the Brisbane Lions as a Rehab Physiotherapist and Medical Co-ordinator with the Brisbane Roar W-League team & Queensland Reds Academy.
Along with working at the coalface of elite sports, Adam has also worked at several leading private physiotherapy practices in Brisbane, the Gold Coast & the Illawarra. Adam combines his Degrees in Physiotherapy and Exercise Science along with his Strength & Conditioning Coach certification to create the perfect template for his clients to return to function as quickly as possible.
Adam has also lectured & been a Clinical Supervisor to both Post & Under-graduate Physiotherapy students as well as Exercise & Sports Science students. He has also presented to various sporting organisations & professional bodies on Advanced Taping, Injury Management & Sporting Injuries.
Adam’s interests lie in treating the Hip & Groin and Tendon Injuries of the Lower Limb. He also has vast experience in dealing with the rehabilitation of most joint surgeries of the knee, ankle, hip & shoulder.
- Masters of Sports Physiotherapy – La Trobe University 2015
- Masters of Physiotherapy – Griffith University 2003
- Bachelor of Exercise Science – Griffith University 2000
- Level 3 APA Sports Physiotherapist – 2015
- Level 1 Strength & Conditioning Coach – ASCA 2016
- Dry Needling – 2013
- Level 1 Lyn Watson Shoulder Course – 2014
- Level 1 APA Spinal Physio – 2013