Private Health Insurance Rebates for TENS Machines
Did you know that most private health insurance rebates are available when you buy a TENS machine for your therapeutic benefits?
The claim must be made for a TENS machine (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator). Depending upon your fund, a recommendation from a doctor or physiotherapist is normally required.
A TENS machine and an EMS machine are electronic medical devices. Always read the label and instruction manual. A TENS machine may assist you in modest short-term pain relief. Please consult your doctor/healthcare professional before use and if symptoms persist. Use only as directed.
Health FundLevel of Cover – Rebate Amount
For private health fund customers, the list below gives some indication of TENS machine product rebates. This information is for general purposes only.
We strongly advise that you call your health insurer to confirm your level of cover and how much you can claim. We recommend that you note the name of the phone advisor as some private health insurance customers periodically experience cases of differing information from one advisor to the next.
To provide you with an idea of what rebates are available, the following information was accurate at the time of writing but is subject to change by the health funds. Please check with your own health fund for details relevant to your level of cover.
- Australian Country Health – Select Ancillary $150, Super Ancillary $200
- Australian Health Management – Basic Hospital $60, Top Hospital $80, Life Choice Plus 80%, Maxi Care / Ultra Care 80%
- BHP Lysaght – Gold Extra up to 80% or $200
- BUPA – Check with BUPA Phone 134 135
- CBHS Friendly Society – Top Extras 70%
- CDH Benefits Fund – 75% or $400
- Central West Health – $225 every 3 years
- Commonwealth Bank Extras 80%
- CUA Health Supplementary Fund 70%
- Defence Health – Top Extras $250 every 3 years
- Doctors Health Fund – 50% of the cost
- Druids Friendly Society – Standard and Gold package 70% or $250
- GMF Health – 80% or $225 every 3 years
- HBA – Check with BUPA Phone 134 135
- HCF – Multi Cover Extras $170
- IOR – Extras $85
- IOOF – Health Extras $150
- MBF – Extra Cover $130 Check with BUPA Phone 134 135
- Manchester Unity – Top Hospital and Health Cover Plus $250 every 3 years
- Medibank Private – Advantage Plus / Premium Plus / Smart Plus / Healthy Plus 100% depending on unclaimed bonus points
- Mutual Community- Check with BUPA Phone 134 135
- Navy Health – Top Extras / Premium 85% or $300
- NIB – Quality Extras / Gold Cover $195
- NSW Teachers – Top Extras $160
- NRMA – Top Cover Extras $200
- People Care – Top Plus Ancillary 50 – 80%
- Pheonix Health Fund – $20 + 80%
- Police Health Fund – Extras Cover 80% or $150
- QLD Teachers Union Health – Ultimate Choice / Easy Choice / Ancillary 85%
- QLD Country Health – Private Hospital 85%
- Rail Transport – Ancillary / Top Extras 85%
- Teachers Federation Health – Ancillary 50% or $160
- SGIC and SGIO – Top Extras $200
- Senior Advantage – Select Ancillary Hospital $150
- Senior Advantage – Super Ancillary Hospital $200
- St Lukes Tasmania – Select Plus Extra 80% or $200
- West Fund – Platinum $200, Gold $150, Silver Extra $150
TENS Machine FAQs
A TENS machine and an EMS machine are electronic medical devices. Always read the label and instruction manual. A TENS machine may assist you in modest short-term pain relief. Consult your doctor/healthcare professional before use and if symptoms persist. Use only as directed.