How Can You Prevent a Future Leg Injury?John Miller
7 Ways to Prevent a Future Leg Injury?
You may reduce the chance of leg injury by following these seven simple tips:
- Warm-up before you exercise.
- Warm down when you finish. Warm down usually includes some simple stretching exercises and plyometric drills.
- Wear well-fitting shoes, boots or braces that provide excellent joint support.
- Tape or brace your ankles/knees in high-risk sports such as football, basketball, volleyball and netball.
- Avoid activities on slippery, wet or uneven surfaces, or in areas with poor lighting.
- Strengthen your leg muscles and regularly use a wobble disc or balance board
- Maintain general functional fitness.