PhysioWorks Health Practitioners
How Is PhysioWorks Operating During COVID-19?
Health Departments have continued to encourage physiotherapy clinics to remain open during this period. At PhysioWorks, we have adopted some key strategies to maintain the safe provision of physiotherapy and our allied health services.
- Provide a Safe COVID-19 Free Zone for our patients and staff who are providing proximity consultations.
- Provide Safe & Effective Online Solutions. TeleHealth Online Physiotherapy
- Provide Safe GP Pre-Screened Home Visits for our high-risk patients.
- Provide Online Solutions.
What Services Are PhysioWorks Currently Providing?
PhysioWorks is continually adapting to the latest information available from the Health Departments regarding how we can safely provide our healthcare service for our beautiful clients. We understand that pain and disability do not take a rest, but we must respect the COVID-19 impact on our people (patients and staff) and understand that it is no longer business as usual.
Current Services & Status
Based on these priorities, we are providing the current physiotherapy services:
In-Clinic consultation (face to face). Operational with some minor limitations. Read below for details, or call our clinic to discuss. You can book online for 24 hours.
Telehealth Online Physio (remote). Available for over 80% of conditions. Read on for details, visit TeleHealth Online Physio Consultation or call our clinic to discuss if your situation is suitable.
Home Visits (face to face). Only patients who have been pre-approved by their GP. Read below for details, or call our clinic to discuss.
Online Product Solutions
Our online shop is fully operational. Our suppliers are sending direct to the client where possible during this period.
If you need some home exercise equipment or some home treatment products, our online shop may be useful for you.
Qld Health has recently announced that registered massage therapists may resume clinical practice with some social distancing guidelines etc. You can book online 24/7.
Face to face in-clinic consultations is currently continuing with heightened virus transmission protocols for our staff and patients. PhysioWorks is doing everything it can to maintain COVID-19 Safe Zones within our clinics. All patients who are self-isolating, have had a known COVID-19 contact or have early symptoms will NOT be permitted to attend PhysioWorks. You should be abiding by Queensland Health instructions. TeleHealth Online Physio Consultation is the ONLY physio option available to you at the moment.
We Are Keeping Our Clinics a COVID19-Free Zone!
- PhysioWorks will NOT be seeing patients with a fever in a face-to-face consultation. Consider a TeleHealth Online Physio Appointment.
- All patients are requested to use the hand sanitiser provided in reception on arrival.
- If you have a cough, we will ask you to wear a facemask.
- In-clinic appointments will be available to healthy asymptomatic or GP-approved patients.
- Patients will be able to phone check-in and then either wait in their car or outside the clinic for their appointment. Our receptionist will call you when the previous consultation has finished avoiding unnecessary reception congregation.
- All patients are welcome to bring their towel to appointments to lay over the bed, but this is not mandatory.
TeleHealth Online Physio Information
TeleHealth Online Physio Can Assist:
- New injury assessment & assistance
- Professional advice and tips
- Exercise prescription (we will also email you your exercises via an online App or PDF)
- Post-operative or exercise upgrades
- Establish Home Exercise Programs (especially since Gyms closed)
- Online Home Workstation Setups (we've seen this increase with the transition to work from home)
- Monitor your progress
GP-Approved Home Visits
Home Visits will be increased during the COVID-19 period but only for a patient who has GP clearance for home visits. Home visit patients will be pre-screened via a phone call and advised to check with their GP if their health profile poses a risk.
There will be no call-out surcharge for high-risk >70 years or other high-risk health issues, during this COVID-19 period. Please call us if you seek a GP-approved home visit.
Keep or Start Outdoor Exercising While You Can
The winter weather is a massive bonus for Queenslanders, so get out and about to clear your head and get some feel-good exercise. The benefits of daily exercising are not just physical. The psychological side of things is equally important. That's why it has been so good to see so many people out exercising. If we keep this up, the Council will need to widen more of them!
Please Remember to SOCIAL DISTANCE!
Just remember that if your feet aren't moving and you are closer than 1.5 metres from someone who doesn't live in your home, you are breaching the social distancing rules. Keep doing the right thing, and we'll be allowed to exercise outdoors for longer.
Not Sure How To Start Your Exercise Program?
While many are out and about already, those of you who just don't know how to start an exercise program safely (e.g. exercise dose and plan) is welcome to contact one of our physio. We can even do this TeleHealth style is required. Just give us a call.
What Services Have Ceased or Altered Significantly?
Visiting Allied Health Practitioners
Please contact your specific practitioner. Most practitioners have modified their service delivery during this period. TeleHealth is available for some of these practitioners.
R U OK?
We are a "caring for people" business, and we know that anxiety, stress and other psychological factors are at play. There will be some short-term challenges ahead, but we can all help each other get through this. That's what friends and family do best. If you do need some help, please read on to see some mental health options that are now available to you.
Mental Health Support Options
Mental health issues are a serious concern in the aftermath. While our team can be a friendly listening ear, if you have serious concerns, please contact Lifeline 131114, Beyond Blue 1300 224636, or your GP.
Please Call Us If You Need A Chat
Social distancing does have a downside, with a lack of human interaction. If you need someone to chat to during this challenging period, please feel free to call one of our clinics. Our friendly reception team love a chat, and our practitioners will happily call you back between patients. We consider our patients as family and friends. If you need us, we are here.
No Reported COVID-19
Our sympathies and support go out to the families and friends who have contracted COVID-19. To our knowledge, we have no known cases that affect a member of our staff or patient community. We'd also like to keep it that way, so thank you for minimising virus transmission actions, which is your current priority.
Keep Safe & Healthy Yourself.
While we understand that COVID-19 does require everyone's vigilance, we can safely get through this period if we all do the right thing.
All of our staff have undertaken the latest COVID-19 Infection Control Training. While this free online training is for healthcare workers, the information is excellent, and we recommend for all patients.
Protecting Our Staff & You
All practitioners and administration staff are now working only in one clinic or remotely. We apologise to all patients who may be inconvenienced by this decision. However, we have made this call to serve the majority of our patients best and for staff safety.
If one clinic does close to face-to-face patients, we will prioritise their time to TeleHealth appointments.
Staff are working in non-adjacent regions within the clinic and not congregating to keep social distancing at the forefront.
Staff hours have altered to decrease potential cross-contamination periods.
We aim to keep all of our PhysioWorks clinics a COVID-19 Safe Zone.
Principally we have established high-end infection control policies to keep our clinics a "COVID-19 Safe Zone" for the safety of our people (staff and patients).
- We have refreshed our infection control protocols for all staff to maintain impeccable hygiene practices.
- We will be requesting the same infection-control practices from any persons (patients and others) who enter a PhysioWorks clinic.
- Staff and patients will continue to adhere to strict hand washing and sanitising protocols.
- Equipment and surfaces cleaned regularly.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is available.
COVID-19 Symptoms? What To Do?
Here is a quick synopsis of COVID-19 symptoms and what actions you should take.
- All staff or patients who have a fever, shortness of breath, dry cough, sore throat, or feel fatigued should self-isolate until your GP clears you. Self-isolation includes NOT attending PhysioWorks or other face-to-face locations.
- Shortness of breath? You should be phoning 000 for advice. The combination of fever and shortness of breath appears to be the most likely symptoms that differentiate between COVID-19 and the flu.
- Fever is something you can measure at home with a thermometer. It is associated with COVID-19, the flu and other infections. Temperature is not generally associated with the common cold. If you have a fever, contact your GP. PhysioWorks will not be seeing patients with a fever in a face-to-face consultation. Even if you don't have COVID-19 or Influenza, you are fighting an infection and should be resting at home. Consider our TeleHealth Online Physio Appointment Option.
- Fatigue typically means your health is under stress. Please call your GP.
- Cough or sore throat? GPs have informed us that over 99% of coughs and sore throats are related to the seasonal increase in common cold. If associated with a fever, or if in doubt, please call your GP.
The good news is that the vast majority of you will not have COVID-19. Less than 1% of currently COVID-19 tested Australians have tested positive. However, now is a time to be cautious. If you have any symptoms, you should be calling your GP for advice and only attend face-to-face appointments if cleared by them.
Apply the current recommendations of self-isolation, social distancing and good hygiene.
The Health Department has informed us that the most reliable source of information will be at health.gov.au.
Keep Safe & Healthy
Finally, we wish you and your family the best of health during this challenging period. We are all in this together, and PhysioWorks is happy to play our part in minimising the virus transmission, keeping our staff and patients healthy while assisting them during this "business as UNusual" period.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us. And remember, if you simply need a chat, please call us.
Many thanks and best wishes through this challenging period.
The PhysioWorks Team
Acute Sports Injury Clinic
How to Best Care for Your Sports Injury?
There is never an excellent time for an injury. But we do know that most sports injuries occur over the weekend! That's why at PhysioWorks, we have established an Acute Sports Injury Clinic at a selection of our clinics on a Monday and Tuesday.
The acute sports injury consultation fee is significantly lower than a routine assessment and treatment consultation. In most cases, your private health will cover the full cost of your full acute injury physio assessment fee.
Why Use an Acute Sports Injury Clinic?
Your Acute Sports Injury Assessment Consultation allows us to provide you with:
- A quick and accurate diagnosis. One of our Sports Physiotherapist's or an experienced sports injury-focused Physiotherapist will confidently guide your new injury management.
- Early acute sports injury care, professional advice and education. What to do this week?
- Fast referral for X-rays, ultrasound or MRI scans to confirm your diagnosis.
- Prompt referral to Sports Physicians, GPs or Surgeons with whom we work if required.
- Immediate supply of walking boots, braces and rental crutches if needed.
- Low-cost professional service.
For more friendly advice or guidance, please call your nearest clinic to discuss your specific needs.
Why Should You Enjoy the PhysioWorks Difference?
Friendly & Caring Service
You'll notice about the PhysioWorks team because they are very friendly and caring health professionals. We know that sometimes pain or injury can make you a little less tolerant, so we've trained our healthcare team always to greet and treat you like they would a family member or best friend.
Thorough & Unrushed
Everyone should be entitled to individualised professional care. That's why we book longer initial appointments to ensure that your unhurried first visit will include a thorough and individualised assessment of your injury or problem. This extra time allows us to discuss your short, medium and long-term goals and treatment options before commencing your rehabilitation.
You'll find that your PhysioWorks healthcare practitioner is not only a great listener but also an excellent treatment planner to focus on your efficient and effective treatment outcome. After all, that's why you have chosen to see us in the first place.
What is the Aim of Your Initial Consultation?
Because we do spend more time than most physiotherapists thoroughly assessing, by the completion of your initial consultation, we should be able to determine and inform you:
- What exactly is your problem
- Why you are experiencing pain or dysfunction etc
- What you can be doing to correct it
- How long it will most likely take to recover
- How to prevent a future recurrence
Your Tailored Treatment Plan
Your physiotherapist will design a specific treatment program specifically for you based on your examination. Your treatment may include hands-on therapy, such as joint manipulation, mobilisation or massage. It will probably also have lots of helpful advice and home exercises. We'll also use other technology or treatment tools depending upon your needs.
Your treatment will vary depending on your age, sex, sport, work requirements, or lifestyle, so generic therapies tend to be more effective than targeted treatment plans.
As highly-trained exercise prescribers, your physiotherapist will usually instruct you on specific exercises and stretches to undertake at home to assist in your rapid recovery. We'll also offer you helpful advice to help ease your pain, such as the appropriate resting positions or whether to use heat or ice and precisely for how long.
The result is prompt pain reduction, quicker natural healing and your triumphant return to total activity, whether work or sport, as soon as possible.
How Long is Your Physiotherapy Appointment?
Allow at least one hour for your initial physiotherapy session. Subsequent treatments are usually 30 to 60 minutes in duration. Your physiotherapist will inform you if additional or less time is required. Complex or multiple regions may require a more extended consultation. Our receptionist will happily book an appropriate appointment for your clinical needs.
Do You Need a Referral to Consult a Physiotherapist?
A doctor's referral is not required to see a physiotherapist in private practice unless you claim a work injury (e.g. Workcover) or other insurance claims. Department of Veterans Affairs patients will require a doctor referral. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident or plan for your treatment to be funded by an insurance company, it is good practice to consult your GP for a referral.
What About Private Health Insurance?
A proportion of treatment costs is rebatable under all higher table private health insurance schemes. The private health insurance rebates do vary considerably depending upon your specific coverage.
What is HICAPS?
PhysioWorks links to the HICAPS electronic health fund system, so you can instantly claim your rebate at the time of treatment. You'll need to present your health insurance card to our receptionist.
How Is PhysioWorks Different?
Your Experienced & Caring Practitioners
You'll be impressed with the experienced physiotherapists, massage therapists, allied health team and reception staff representing PhysioWorks.
If you've been searching for health practitioners with a serious interest in your rehabilitation or injury prevention program, our staff have either participated or are still participating in competitive sports at a representative level.
To ensure that we remain highly qualified, PhysioWorks is committed to continuing education to provide optimal care. We currently offer physiotherapy and massage services for numerous sports clubs, state and national representative teams and athletes. Our experience helps us understand what you need to do to safely and quickly return to your sporting field, home duties, or employment.
How You'll Benefit from the PhysioWorks Difference?
At PhysioWorks physiotherapy and massage clinics, we strive to offer our clients quick, effective and long-lasting results by providing high-quality treatment. With many years of clinical experience, our friendly service and quality treatment is a benchmark not only in Brisbane but Australia-wide.
What are Some of the BIG Differences?
We aim to get you better quicker in a friendly and caring environment conducive to successful healing. Our therapists pride themselves on keeping up to date with the latest research and treatment skills to ensure that they provide you with the most advantageous treatment methods. They are continually updating their knowledge via seminars, conferences, workshops, scientific journals etc. Not only will you receive a detailed consultation, but we offer long-term solutions, not just quick fixes that, in reality, only last for a short time. We attempt to treat the cause, not just the symptoms.
PhysioWorks clinics are modern thinking. Not only in their appearance but in the equipment we use and in our therapists' knowledge. Our staff care about you! We are always willing to go that 'extra mile' to guarantee that we cater to our client's unique needs. All in all, we feel that your chances of the correct diagnosis, the most effective treatment and the best outcomes are all the better at PhysioWorks.